Sunday, August 13, 2017

Grand Canyon National Park 2017

After a very difficult goodbye to Cam and Vanessa at Zion National Park, McKay, Kristi, James, and I headed down to Grand Canyon National Park.
We stopped at Horseshoe Bend, a place I have dreamed of seeing for as long as I can remember! We were worried we wouldn't have enough sunlight to see much since we arrive right at sunset, but we ran the entire trail to the viewpoint and got there just in time!
IMG_5056IMG_5061IMG_5063IMG_5097
The next morning we headed out to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
IMG_0598
I have wanted to see the Grand Canyon for years and was so dang excited!! It truly is incredible. It so big that you almost can't comprehend it's sheer size.
IMG_0604
We saw a cliff that a few people were making their way to and we totally wanted to check it out, so McKay and I headed over that direction. I'm glad we did because it made for some amazing photos! can you find us in this photo?
IMG_0616
From the angle of the last photo, you can't tell just how narrow that cliff is. This photo shows it much better.
IMG_4787
Kristi is out on that cliff edge!
IMG_5141
We explored the South Rim Village and enjoyed some delicious ice cream. Kristi set a new goal to eat ice cream in every National Park she Visits!
That evening we went to the Desert View Tower to watch the sunset and get our smashed penny. We got there and the shop was closed!! It closed at 7:30 and it was exactly that time. Well, the worker was inside and i=I knocked on the door until she came over (making it very clear that she was irritated). I asked so politely to just get a smashed penny at the machine right beside her and she said yes! I was so happy! She quickly let me in and I hurried to get the penny. She was very nice once she saw that I was trying to be as fast as possible.
After that we headed to the viewpoint to see the gorgeous sunset.
IMG_0764IMG_0800


See the rest of our National Park Trip Adventures:
Yellowstone National Park
Arches National Park
Goblin Valley State Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Zion National Park - Angel's Landing
Zion National Park - Narrows
Kanarra Creek Trail
Grand Canyon National Park
Slide Rock State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment