Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Brazil - Caraguatatuba

We spent a week at the beach with my Uncle Elcio. We were staying in a house on Caraguatatuba beach where we strolled the local shops and markets, lounged on the beach, celebrated New Years, and got eaten alive by mosquitos (by we, I mean ME. I'm the lucky one that attracted every mosquito within a mile radius.)

We decided to play Mancala while on the beach! McKay dug out the board while I went around collecting shells. Can you believe I won?? (McKay always wins)

IMG_0912

We drove up to what we thought was a statue of Christ, but instead we found Santo Antonio (laaaaaaame) but at least there was this awesome view of the beach!

IMG_1001

DSC_0075

DSC_0044

DSC_0046

DSC_0053

I did some flips on the beach, so naturally I made McKay do some flips too. Also, my face... it just. yeah. yikes.

IMG_1145

PicMonkey Collage2IMG_1148

This paddle ball game is pretty popular in Brazil. Think ping pong without the table or net and the ball can't touch the ground.

DSC_0329

PicMonkey Collage1

IMG_1585

IMG_1565

New Years on the beach is NUTS. We walked to the beach alongside the other 5 zillion people (who were mostly drunk) and then stood 200 feet away from the fireworks. They were exploding right over our heads. It was beautiful and LOUD haha.

DSC_0518

DSC_0537

DSC_0527

DSC_0478

DSC_0485

My favorite type of firework!

DSC_0494

DSC_0523

DSC_0521PicMonkey Collage

If you're sober enough (or a really skilled drunk, I suppose) you head down to the shore after the fireworks to jump over 7 waves to celebrate the new year! We all jumped over together and even though we're as alcohol free as you can be, we still stumbled around. It takes skill!

DSC_0576

Lastly, enjoy this picture of what salt water does to my charming husband's hair. #blackmail

IMG_1774

Read about our other Brazil adventures here:

Caraguatatuba
Rio de Janeiro
Ubatuba
Pao de Acucar
Cristo Redentor
Aguas de Lindoia
Sao Paulo

No comments:

Post a Comment