Sunday, January 25, 2015

Brazil - Rio de Janeiro

This trip was not in the original Brazil plan, but three days before we left to come back to the states my mom said, "Let's go to Rio!"
And McKay and I said, "Why not?! Let's go!"
And Vanessa said, "OMG YES" ...Or something like that.
So, we went to Rio.
We stayed in the most adorable hotel I've ever seen. It was Paris themed and very unique!
IMG_1849
IMG_1811
We wandered several markets while there. Holy fish OVERLOAD. The food market we looked at had fish everywhere. Luckily there was some fresh fruit too, or else I would've died from the smell.
IMG_1343
IMG_1346a
IMG_1853
That BEARD!! I'm excited to graduate from BYU in two months and for McKay to grow a beard again, I loved it!
IMG_1848
Mmmm just thinking about that Rio sunshine warms me up a bit.
IMG_1816
Water, corn, blankets, bikinis, umbrellas, chairs, and toys are among some of the things you can find being sold on the beach. Corn? On the beach? I know what you're thinking, but guess what, you're wrong! It's actually really tasty eating hot, salted and buttered corn in the hot shade. Just don't get any sand on your spoon. Ick.
This guy's got a rack full of cover-ups, shawls, and blankets to sell.
IMG_1338
The sunsets on Ipanema beach are unreal.
DSC_0455
IMG_1864
IMG_1906

Read about our other Brazil adventures here:

No comments:

Post a Comment