Friday, September 14, 2018

Nelson Rett - 2 Months

Two months with this cutie.
18C37C67-EB67-4624-9374-2D5480E0F6B6.jpeg
I’ve said this a million times and I’ll say it a million times more: I love watching babies grow into kids. So I apologize for repeating myself so often haha but every day with Nelson gets better because every day he’s growing and developing just a little bit more.




















Nelson is full on smiling. Occasionally he’ll let out *almost* a laugh, but it’s more of just a excited gasp/squeak/squawk. He really likes anyone talking right at him. I’ll just talk and talk about anything and he loves it. Our day, the weather, his bowel movements, a delicious sandwich I had.... it doesn’t matter. He loves hearing about it.
882FDE8B-D583-44F4-BFAF-7E168F77828A
He really likes observing the commotion that toddlers bring. When James is together with a friend Nelson will spend a good long while just watching and wiggling.
539F35D4-818B-453D-8EAF-F9D0FFF2164C
He’s a healthy little guy - seems to be growing just like James, tall and lean. Although he is  smaller overall than James was.














He’s got fantastic head control and barely wobbles at all anymore. He really likes bright lights and being outside. He also seems to be pretty comfy in the car seat (one of the few places he’ll nap well). He’s rolled from his tummy to back a lot, sometimes a dozen times in a day, but then he won’t for a few days. So I’m not sure if he’s really got it down consistently yet or not. But he’s sure close!
692FA4DD-513E-49C2-9CCD-20A274ED810F
Nelson LIVES for bath time. It is his favorite thing of all time hands down. All he doesn is lay there and wiggle and observe things around the bathroom, but for whatever reason its is absolute favorite thing ever. We’ve got another little water baby on our hands!


We do spend a good amount of time soothing and calming him. He seems to get easily irritated and usually has one or two big cry/scream sessions a day. It’s rough. But we can already tell it’s getting better than it was just a few weeks ago.
C4768809-F5CC-46E8-8DAF-F72AE8ED2322
He certainly doesn’t sleep much. Well, I’m sure he gets enough sleep overall, but he doesn’t sleep any long stretches. I get 2 hour stretches most of the time at night. With usually one 3 hour stretch. And during the day he doesn’t usually nap very long. Just lots of short naps all over. From what I hear that’s common for nursing babies. But I also think my milk isn’t very fatty, so that probably has something to do with it, too. Speaking of nursing, I’ve already had mastitis once 🙄 I caught it early on, so I started taking the medication before it got too bad, thankfully. I got it three times with James, so I can assume I’ll get it a handful of times this time around, too. *yipee*



[wpvideo cM1uATYF]

No comments:

Post a Comment