Monday, June 19, 2017

San Diego - Zoo

THE ZOO!!!!
img_7639.jpg
IMG_7644
This was definitely a highlight of the trip for me. I love animals. I love learning. Put them together and you get a zoo. It's perfect!
We started off with a bus tour of the park so we could get a general idea of the layout and such. Then we made a plan from there.
IMG_7653
First stop was checking out McKay's favorite animal, pandas!
IMG_7696IMG_7698
Next was my favorite animal, Giraffes!
IMG_7703IMG_7708
I honestly couldn't tell you why, but I also love reptiles. Snakes, lizards, iguanas, frogs, turtles, the works. I like them all. So when I heard this Zoo had a Komodo Dragon, I was allllll about that. Komodo Dragons are probably my second favorite animal. I remember watching a documentary on them when I was probably like 10 haha. Loved them ever since.
img_7740.jpg
The Cheetah was neat to learn about. Apparently they form an attachment as cubs to a puppy. And then they're inseparable from that point on! So the cheetah at the zoo had a yellow lab in it's exhibit with it. The dog is the alpha male, which I thought was so interesting.
IMG_7714
I love this shot McKay got of the tiger chewing on a bone. IMG_7767
Some other animals we saw. I just noticed how many pictures I took of the reptiles haha seriously, I like them.

[gallery ids="4793,4794,4787,4785,4798" type="rectangular"]
My jaw dropped at howmassive these turtles were. WOW! And the were old, too. Can you find them? Cause it just looks like McKay is posing with a bunch of rocks haha.IMG_7727IMG_7731
I blurted out that I wanted to climb this statue. There weren't any signs saying you couldn't, soo......
I climbed it.
IMG_7732
Oh look, another pictures of James eating something he shouldn't.

[gallery ids="4797,4795" type="rectangular"]

The rest of our San Diego Adventures:

San Diego - La Jolla Cove

San Diego - Mormon Battalion and Temple

San Diego - Zoo

San Diego - Point Loma

San Diego - Everything Else

San Diego - Day in LA

San Diego - Midway and Maritime Museums

No comments:

Post a Comment