Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Donut Falls Hike

Well this hike turned out way different than expected! There was over 3 feet of snow, leaving the trail completely unmarked. We just followed the footstep marks on the group from other hikers. At one point, all the footsteps went one way but there was a sign that pointed in the opposite direction... We chose to follow the footsteps instead of the sign, which turned out to be fine! The route we took met back up with the actual trail, so all was well.

[gallery ids="4186,4187" type="rectangular"]
IMG_1260
We had no idea what the falls looked like, so I climbed up this snow bank and peeked in a hole and saw a small waterfall. It didn't really look like the pictures, but I thought maybe the hole part was covered up from all the snow. Well, I was wrong. haha

[gallery ids="4191,4189" type="rectangular"]
I made my way back so McKay could head up and look, and when I turned around at one point he was waaaaay higher up on the snowbank than I had gone. Turns out the falls was at the top! This snow bank was at least a 45* angle, so crazy! Luckily, someone had tied a rope to a rock that you could grab on to and help climb up the bank with. After he got to check out the cool falls I went back up to see.
IMG_1181
I LOVED climbing that snow bank! It was so much fun! And on my way down, I used my poor butt to slide down. Yeah, not my best idea. It hurt!!

[wpvideo ZsEhFNKY]
James is so much fun to take hiking! He babbles, squawks, and squeals the entire time and it is so adorable. He is always so so tired from all the exciting new things to look at that he usually falls asleep at some point.

[gallery ids="4199,4193" type="rectangular"]
IMG_1216
These photos make me smile. The hike took longer than expected, and I had to nurse James along the trail. McKay snapped a few photos and I'm glad he did. Nursing has not been easy. As many women know, it take MONTHS of patience and hard work. When I look at these two pictures, I get to see how far we've come and I can't help but smile.

[gallery ids="4200,4202" type="rectangular"]

No comments:

Post a Comment