Saturday, November 26, 2016

James August - 3 Months

Look at this little slice of heaven!!!
img_5958
James August is such a little ball of happy energy. This kid seems to love smiling and going with the flow. Currently, one of James's favorite things is... beat boxing. He lights up and starts wiggling like crazy when McKay beat boxes! Here are two videos, as proof. His eyes CRACK ME UP.

[wpvideo tAocU2Wj]

[wpvideo 0yVoECXa]
James also loves... well, everything. I am so thankful to have such a happy baby. I can only pray our next children have the same temperament!
James is rolling often and loves to kick his legs. It's insane how much he kicks! He'll also pick up and bounce his feet when he's standing. Looks like we have a runner on our hands. haha. His favorite person is his dad, that's who he'll smile the most at! Aside from being a future runner, I think we have a Houdini wannabe on our hands... not a night passes by where he fails to get his hands out of his swaddle. We've tried so many tricks and swaddles! But to no avail, he breaks free and will wake himself up with his hands (eye roll).
img_5898
For two weeks, James was sleeping terribly at night. Getting up every 1-2 hours. It was SO BRUTAL. I would wake up McKay in tears or he would hear me over the monitor crying in frustration. The man is incredible, I tell you. So much patience and love for both James and I. He came to my rescue several times in those two weeks and I am so grateful.  I don't know why James was sleeping so poorly, and to be honest, it's only been 2 nights so far of longer stretches (4 hours), so I don't even know if the rough patch has actually passed. But, I sure hope it has! Although I know there will be several more to come in the future...
img_4253
We broke out the bibs because the drooling has begun. I don't think there will be teeth anytime soon, but with all his drool and finger sucking, he soaks through his clothes way too fast. A bib is needed!
Lastly, here's a video of the happiest baby on the planet (more or less). James is such a smiley mess when he wakes up. ❤

[wpvideo ZxWS2mDd]

No comments:

Post a Comment