Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nursery

With the house being on the market, we wanted to wait as long as possible before setting up the nursery. We made it to week 37 and caved. To be honest, McKay was "nesting" much earlier than I was, haha. After about 34 weeks he wouldn't stop bringing up the fact that we had to set up baby's room! The room is very simple, just the way we like things. Nothing on the walls, minimal decorations, etc.
a2051b5e-972d-481d-8889-ba7463909cf8
All the furniture we bought second-hand. Chair/glider was $80, crib and mattress $100, Cart $20, and side table was free. Woo! This photo by David Bowman is my favorite picture of Jesus Christ. When I first saw it years ago I fell in love and knew it would be in our future baby's room someday.
[gallery ids="2619,2620" type="rectangular"]
Here's the crib and cart. We had no "vision", we just starting collecting things and somehow they all seem to flow together nicely, hooray! To be honest, McKay has turned out to be quite the little interior designer haha. While I was at work one day he went ahead and started setting things up and I absolutely love how he arranged everything.
IMG_4695
IMG_4696
This mobile is my absolute favorite part of the entire room right now! I saw something similar on Pinterest, but it turned out to be over $100... ARE YOU KIDDING?! I was laughing at how ridiculous it was. So, less than $4 and more than 4 hours later, I had made one myself! I am beyond happy with how it turned out. I had no instructions, I just looked at the photo and went for it. All I used was felt, sewing string, toilet paper as stuffing, clear beading line, and a dowel that I cut into two parts. All that for under $4. Woo!
IMG_4698
IMG_4701
IMG_4705
The cart has miscellaneous things in it. Right now it's got diapering things, swaddles, and blankets.
IMG_4700
This boy is so loved already. We have received more clothing than we'd ever need!! People have been beyond generous, and it's brought me to tears on more than one occasion. Sister in laws gifting clothes, women from church going above and beyond for a baby shower, being blessed to find good deals, I could go on forever. It's been so amazing. We ended up selling some of the used clothing we had since we knew he'd never get to wear them, hopefully someone will give those clothes the love they deserve! The shelves are full of onesies organized by size. The round baskets have socks, hats, and bibs. At the very bottom of the shelves are 3 bins with shoes, swimming clothes, and toys.
IMG_4706
Debbie, who threw the most darling baby shower, had the amazing idea of inviting guests to bring a book with a note inside rather than a card. All these books are the result! Our little guy will have plenty to read from :) We are so excited! McKay gave me "I'll Love You Forever" for Mother's Day, it's one of our favorites.
IMG_4708.JPG
We're officially ready for this guy to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment