Friday, April 15, 2016

Feelin' 22 (weeks)

Of the two of us, baby is definitely throwing a PARTY in my uterus over the fact that we've reached week 22. We're over 5 months in and feeling great.
Also, baby is a BOY! McKay sure is excited to wear matching outfits with his future son!
IMG_0416
I'm also glad to share McKay's reaction once we got home behind our bedroom door:
IMG_0414
In short, he's beyond excited!
In terms of how I feel... I feel not pregnant. Aside from bumping into things (because my stomach is much larger than it's ever been before) there's not much that reminds me that I'm pregnant. I guess I still am a little tired occasionally, and my back recently started to ache sometimes, but those are so trivial compared to what may come.
Food: My ravenous appetite has subsided for now. But I know full-well that it's gonna come back soon!
Body Changes: Just a growing bump! The rest of me looks and feels the same.
IMG_0462
Weight gain: It's about time I started gaining! I hadn't gained a thing by week 15, but have gradually gone up since then and have gained 9 pounds at this point.
Clothes: Definitely made the switch to maternity pants because I've never owned something so comfortable in my life. Maternity pants and leggings are my only wardrobe bottoms for the next few months.
Movement: Boy oh boy does does it feel like this guy is training for a boxing match. By week 19 you could already feel him kicking on the OUTSIDE. Which is nuts! He wiggles and jabs and pokes and flips alllllll day long. On days I move a lot I feel him much less, but on lazy days (like Sundays) he's an acrobat. Even the ultrasound tech was laughing at how much he was moving!
Mood: No difference!
What I'm looking forward to: Same as before, developing a little more of a bump! It's nice I'm showing a little, but nobody really knows if I just ate a dozen donuts or if I'm pregnant haha.
Best moment thus far: The baby kicking McKay's head when he rests it on my stomach! It cracks us up every time!
Image05

No comments:

Post a Comment