Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Nelson Rett - 4 Months



Thank goodness we’ve made it to four months! Each passing month gets better. We’re starting to actually get on a schedule, thank the heavens! I’m almost scared to say that though, in fear of it going completely out the window just because Nelson says so.


Anyways, aside from Nelson being Captain Picky Pants, things are going well. He is really starting to interact with the world around him. Just two days ago he stated reaching for things. We have a giant stuffed teddy bear and if we lay him near it he rolls towards it and reaches to play with its foot/paw. He loves that thing!


He is ALWAYS in the mood for a bath. Hearing the water star to run makes him so so excited. His eyes get huge and his arm and legs start going wild! It’s super cute, and his joy helps give me just a wee bit more energy to make it through bed time. The next two pictures are his face right as the water started running.



Nelson loves being held high up in the air, soft blankets and toys, and being in the carrier. He is starting to MOVE. Which is absurd. But I shouldn’t be surprised. He kicks his legs so hard he scoots himself around. I think he’s starting to do it intentionally, especially for something like our giant stuffed bear. He’ll scoot (on his back) from where I lay him after getting dressed all the way to the bear - about 3 feet away. He’s also pivoting around while on his stomach.


His bowels would make a gastroenterologist giddy. I seem real good at making kids who poop like there’s no tomorrow 💩  Nelson poops nearly every feeding, usually around 4-7 times a day. And James poops at least 3 times a day still. And neither boy has like tiny little poos. Oh no. These are full blown hefty poos. TMI? I don’t care. Just sit for a moment and think of HOW. MANY. DIAPERS. I change a day. Like 8-10. That’s an average of 63 a week. 252 A YEAR. Have mercy. So much poop. I can't imagine having twins with bowels as efficient as his. The horror.


Anyways. Back to the 4 month update. Nelson always wants to be standing. He is just now starting to bounce, too. Those little legs are always working. We have several spots for him to hang out, the play mat, the walker, the bouncer, the rocker, the bumbo, and probably more. Wherever he is, it better be within eyesight of James and the commotion that inevitably follows. Nelson’s best entertainment comes from James going about doing his typical toddler things.


I just read the 4 month post I did for James, and wow, I could just copy-paste the part about sleep. Nelson seems just as bad (probably worse) than his big bro. 1-2 hour stretches. I don’t know if I am dying or already dead. The nights are looooong. But at least his face is cuuuuute. I started some mild sleep training. Just enough to get him to at least put himself to sleep for naps. So that’s already super helpful since I’m not spending 10+ minutes trying to rock him and soothe him.


As I usually say: grow, baby, grow! We’ve got a lot of wonderful times to look forward to together. Now enjoy this adorable video of his gums squeaking on a toy.



No comments:

Post a Comment