Monday, May 25, 2015

Big Life Changes

Well hello! It's been a while since I've blogged, but I'll blame that on the fact that our computer is out of order at the moment. While attempting to clean it up we must have deleted something important because now it can't connect to the Internet. So I'm writing this post via my phone cause it's been too long and there has been a lot of changes in our lives!
First off: WE GRADUATED!
 
We are college graduates! Both of us with Bachelors of Science. McKay in Microbiology, and me with Exercise and Wellness. I do have to mention how strange it is to not be in school. I still feel as though we need to pack our lunches and head to campus. Anyways, we even received our diplomas in the mail, so it's official. My family says I didn't actually graduate ...because the announcer read my name as Kaylin Coffey. Really?! Kayla is not even a hard name at all! But, that poor guy had been announcing names for like an hour already and had another hour (at least) to go. So I cut him some slack.

    

In other news, we've MOVED! From Provo, UT to Portland, OR. And I'm happy to say our move was mostly funded by the money we made off our yard sale! The move was long but fun. We packed up our tiny studio apartment into a 12 ft truck and drove to Portland. Luckily we were able to stop in Meridian, Idaho at a family friend's for the night! McKay and I also got ourselves some walkie talkies, because with him in the truck and me in the car, we knew the drive was going to get boring.

We've been here in Oregon for about a month now. We've both gotten jobs already, I as a coach (shocker) and McKay as a Phlebotoist, which will give him experience hours for PA school. I'm also hoping to work at a structural therapy clinic if I get the chance.
In terms of not-so-big events in our lives, here's what we've been up to!
Payson Temple open house
Crater swimming
Moving BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment