Friday, March 21, 2014

The Hiking Life

Last year McKay hiked so many mountains. Together we did some simpler hikes, like Squaw Peak, Bridal Veil Falls, and the Y.

But this year, I'm ready to start hiking big time.

I've compiled a list of places I'd LOVE to explore this coming Spring, Summer, and Fall (in no particular order). Some are simple hikes to popular places, others look insane...ly cool. So we'll see how this goes. If you know of one that I don't have on here, let me know! I'm hoping to hike something at least once a week, even if that means going up the Y mountain over a dozen times. The point is, is that I want to get out and explore Utah before life and school takes us elsewhere.

...Aaaand also because I want epic pictures to show my kids one day that prove that mom and dad are so cool.

1. Box Canyon

2489253-7A._High_walls_of_Box_Canyon2. Cascade Springs

download

3. Pittsburg Lake Trail

pittsburg4

4. Silver Lake

silver1

5. Timpanogos Caves

Glowing

6. Ding and Dang

DSCN0529

7. Lake Mary Hiking Trail

lakemary - Big Cottonwood Canyon

8. Donut Falls

donutfalls

9. The Narrows (or just Zion's National Park in general)

near-the-beginning-of

10. Battle Creek Falls

ballte

11. Stewart Falls

stew

12. And of course I'd love to go back to Arches National Park, the place McKay and I met!

arches

Seems like I sure to have a thing for narrow hiking trails with massive canyon walls. Hikes that are kinda narrow and trench-looking.

This weekend I want to hike one of the closer simple hikes. Preferably one that leads to a waterfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment