Thursday, January 2, 2014

That One Time We Got Married ...A YEAR AGO

Hey.

On December 29th, 2012, we got married.

That means McKay and I have been married for just over ONE WHOLE YEAR.

I can hardly believe it's been one year since I married the love of my life. I also can't believe how happy I thought I'd be, compared to how happy I actually am. Which, by the way, is a MILLION times happier than I ever expected!

Here we are, a year ago:

And here we are now:
Aaaaaand yup, we look the same! No surprise there. haha.

Our first year together went a little bit like this:
School. School. Work. School. Play. Study. Test. Work. School. Play. School. Test. School.

We've both got three semesters left, then grad school for McKay and coaching to my heart's content for me!

Grad School
McKay decided on his next step! He want to be a PA (Physicians assistant)! I was pretty excited when he told me, it was totally out of the blue! We just got together to eat our lunches and he started the conversation with "So I want to go to PA school". I was totally caught off guard! But he had already researched some Grad School options, requirements for applications, and brainstormed on how to start gaining experience and volunteer work. He also called one of his brothers, who is a PA, to get some tips and insights for grad school. Is he a stud or what? Recently he contacted some Physicians in the area about shadowing, so things are moving along perfectly.

Marriage
Remember how I said that I am so much happier than I thought? Well, marriage is celebrated as a beautiful, wonderful, and sacred thing. But just as often, marriage is said to be difficult, a growing experience, and something you need to work hard at. Well, marriage is both, obviously. But no matter how much of either description I was exposed to, apparently all I absorbed when I was younger was "Marriage is hard", "Marriage is all compromise", "Never give up", etc. And I'll be darned, our marriage is actually the opposite. 90% joy, happiness, and beauty, and maybe, MAYBE, 10% hard work. That's how easy McKay is to get along with. Alright, alright, throw a couple of kids, grad school loans, and maybe temporary unemployment into our (currently) peaceful home of two, and maybe things won't be so easily harmonious after all. And I bet that's true, but I will proudly enjoy our simple life as long as I've got it! 

This first year of marriage has been a blessing and it's been a journey, not necessarily a hard one, but certainly a rewarding one. I can't tell you how many times a day something will happen that makes me think, "Wow, I married the perfect man for me." Here is to an eternity of laughter and joy with the love of my life: I love you McKay!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I feel the same way about Dad - it is very easy to be married to him. My bestest friend forever - and I really do mean forever. So glad you feel the same way about each other! Here's to eternity!!!

    ReplyDelete